About the Bengal | Royal Canin Club Philippines

About the Bengal

Bengal
The Bengal was first produced by crossing domesticated tabbies with the Asian Leopard Cat, creating the first hybrid females.

About the Bengal
Bengals, often known as “little leopards”, are very affectionate and can be a lap cat if they want to be, but in general they much prefer playing, chasing and climbing.
These are confident and curious cats who are always exploring the surroundings. As active cats, it is important to ensure they have a lot of stimulation and opportunity to exercise and interact with their owners.
Source: key facts and characteristics sourced from World Cat Congress (WCC)

Breed specifics
• Coat: Short coat
• Size category: Medium
• Average life expectancy: 12–16 years
• Traits: Confident / Sociable / Vocal / Energetic / Playful
Key facts
• A cat tree is essential
• Requires little grooming
• Good with children

Origins of the breed
The Bengal origins are rooted in the work of Dr Centerwall, who, in the 1960’s, bred several Leopard Cat hybrids in the course of his studies. In 1970, William Engler, a zookeeper who had been involved with exotic cats for many years, had two litters of kittens sired by his Leopard Cat. Engler’s cats eventually reached the third generation and it was he who created the name Bengal.

Tailored nutrition for Bengals
Balanced and complete feed for cats - Specially for Bengal cats
Digestive performance - The Bengal cat can have a sensitive digestive system. Contains highly digestible protein (L.I.P.*) to support healthy digestion. *L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high digestibility.
Athletic condition - Full of energy, a healthy Bengal is lively, active, well-muscled and has a sleek appearance that depicts his athleticism. Formulated with an adapted ratio - high level of protein (40%) and adapted fat content (18%) to maintain muscle mass.

Find our more about Bengal product here: 

https://www.royalcanin.com/my/cats/products/retail-products/bengal-adult-dry

02/05/2021